Ways to cut down on false alarms in Jacksonville
False alarms may become a legitimate issue for a home security system. Not only can they be costly and time-consuming, but they might even erode the faith you have in your equipment. Luckily, you are able to do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Jacksonville sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that everything is connected correctly. This might sound like common sense, but it’s common that overlooked user errors result in false alarms. Secondly, check out likely causes of false alarms, including a back door that may be left ajar inadvertently. And finally, feel free to use the various tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Jacksonville.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and find out.
Many false alarms in Jacksonville could be averted
Like diagnosing any problem, the initial step is to read the guidebook. Be certain that all your components are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually evaluate each component to ensure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all recently added smart devices are configured in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your service agent if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Jacksonville security system. They'll be pleased to send out a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Check your entry points
If your installation checks out alright, the next course of action is to do an investigation of the house. Are your entries closed tightly, or are any inadvertently open? If an entry point remains open, it might trip a motion sensor. In the event your clan consistently neglects to secure a door, you could install a smart locking system that locks automatically when your home security goes live. Regrettably, windows need extra hands-on attention, especially if you have a loved one who enjoys to sleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that sensor while protecting the remaining areas of the residence.
Home automation can be a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Jacksonville
One of the smartest techniques to lessen the probability of false alarms is to include home automation into your security system. With your Vivint app, you can:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that result from accidentally unlocking a door or window. Then have it automatically engage again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to disarm whenever your smart locking mechanism is activated with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm when you exit the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile updates when your components notice uncommon activity or require a new battery.
- Connect your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may operate your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Jacksonville by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Increased authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, call (904) 977-6139 or submit the following form.