Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Jacksonville smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Jacksonville home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and find tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Jacksonville benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can carry out:
- View live or recorded video streams from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Jacksonville by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Jacksonville
Although various users can be set up when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose email or phone and provide the info to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Jacksonville home security system. Contact (904) 977-6139 to learn more.